Reimagining retail in the time of coronavirus.
In the post-COVID-19 era, notions of trust and confidence will increasingly become a deciding factor in consumer purchase decisions.
From pop-up exclusives to showrooms, the store had become a curated technology-rich experience giving customers more of what they value: personalization, convenience, speed, and instant gratification. But what will customers want now? How will concerns for safety and the future shape new behaviors and expectations? Will efforts to provide safety like temperature checks and appointment-only hours be seen as inconveniences or reassurance? What is the right mix of safety and convenience that will build back trust?
As part of the Seattle Design Festival, we hosted a dynamic panel of design and innovation experts who explored our post-pandemic future through the lens of retail and discussed ways that brands can innovate to rebuild consumer trust. Enjoy!
- Stephanie Di Biase, Creative Director, Teague
- Jeremy Conn, Design Manager, Seller Insights, eBay
- Gene Han, Former Vice President, Innovation & New Ventures, Target
- Joan Insel, Vice President, Brand Strategy & Consumer Insights, CallisonRTKL
- Sid Jatia, Managing Director, WW Retail & Consumer Goods, Microsoft