Senior Project Manager - Technology.
The Senior Project Manager - Technology provides strategic, experience-based leadership while managing all day-to-day operational aspects of projects, project teams, budgets, scope, and communications on TEAGUE projects and programs. This role manages large, complex projects to successful completion, including supporting scoping/framing new projects, planning budgets and resources, building project teams, managing team dynamics and work productivity, and handling all internal and client communications. The primary measurement of success will center on project results that are on budget, on time, within scope and meet or exceed our client’s expectations. S/he drives project steering committees, manages and monitors all project related activities including prioritization, cost and performance metrics, and provides regular and clear communication and reporting to executive management and project stakeholders. A strong appreciation for design and collaborating with creative teams is critical to delivering compelling results.
Why We Need This Position
Innovation is a pillar of TEAGUE’s success. And innovation is fueled by technology. Ergo, it only makes sense that having an exceptionally forward-thinking and capable expert at the forefront of our technology department is essential to TEAGUE’s ability to maintain its place as an industry leader. Which is why we need someone like you, with the expertise and vision to guide TEAGUE’s technology function.
Who We’re Looking For
You are a strong and personable leader with a passion for technology who knows that success is built on a foundation of great teamwork, stratospheric levels or organization, an eagle eye for detail, excellent communication, and an innovative, creative, solution-oriented approach. You excel at guiding complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish, including: scoping and framing new projects; planning budgets and resources; managing team dynamics and work productivity; and handling internal and client communications. Your knowledge of technology—and proven experience deploying it to maximum effect—is dazzling in both its breadth and depth. On any given day, you may find yourself negotiating, managing and maintaining enterprise technology hardware and software licensing contracts and agreements with the technology director; developing and managing annual corporate software and capital budgets with the Senior Leadership team; providing input to desktop hardware standards; and managing the TEAGUE’s information technology portfolio. You also love a good spreadsheet and are at home with managing the IT budgeting process and managing and reporting on that.
In addition to having a broad arsenal of hard technical skills, you’re an excellent critical thinker—eager to ask critical questions; find unconventional solutions to problems; and help implement new standards, best practices, and process enhancements with a focus on continuous improvement. You have a knack for building strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders and can present complex ideas in a user-friendly language and manner that encourages buy-in. In short, you are both a big-picture visionary who is always on the lookout for better ways to do things—improving project deliverables, anticipating customer needs, tweaking systems for greater efficiency, finding innovative solutions to processes, and the like—and a no-detail-is-too-small type who is able to juggle multiple project budgets, timelines and deliverable expectations without batting an eye. If you think you’ve got what it takes to fill these rather big shoes, we’ve got your dream job waiting for you.
What We Just Said, Now in 6 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or Information Systems or equivalent work experience; 5+ years’ experience of successful program/project management experience; 3+ years leading large custom complex projects; 5+ years’ experience in an engineering/design/creative environment preferred; experience managing a diverse enterprise project portfolio; demonstrated success managing large complex budgets, schedules, staff and clients; experience leading large scale projects and teams; financial experience with budgets and spreadsheets; demonstrated negotiation skills; experience documenting business requirements and associated return on investment; superior organizational skills
- Skills: Advanced information systems skills, including server client technology, networks, domains, operating systems, information technology, enterprise systems, integration, software applications, design technology, personal computing and mobile device technology; PMP certification or education from a PMI accredited organization preferred; expert knowledge of MS Project required; high level of Systems Architecture understanding and experience in Systems integration; experience writing proposals;
- Special Requirements: Frequent interaction with clients and co-workers; normal, corrective vision; frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; must be able to work overtime as required; and travel to other TEAGUE facilities in the greater Seattle area.
- Passion: Finding new and better ways to do things
- Role: Managing and improving the way TEAGUE uses technology
- Personality: visionary, proactive, highly self-motivated, diplomatic, decisive, solution-oriented, critical thinking, detail-oriented, collaborative
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.