Senior Experience Designer.
The Senior Experience Designer innovates at the intersection of interaction design, industrial design, and interior architecture in modern aviation, designing experiences and interactions between crew, passengers, and the aircraft interior throughout the journey. This role is responsible for leading and creating multi-sensorial aviation solutions that may unfold over time and may range from small products to large architectural spaces. This position goes well beyond designing interior architecture in modern aviation—your job is nothing short of helping transform the way people experience flight.
Why We Need This Position
A large part of TEAGUE’s success rests on its talent for envisioning a bold future and its steadfast conviction that creative solutions can enhance the way people experience the world around them. But that isn’t all it takes to get the job done. Successful innovation in the realm of global aviation also requires a keen understanding of a client’s business strategy, a collaborative approach, and sensational communication skills. That’s where you come in.
Who We’re Looking For
Yes, you are a wildly creative designer capable of bridging the gap between physical and digital experiences, product and architectural design, and visionary and maker. Yes, you have a passion for aircraft and love the prospect of uncovering innovative opportunities for new user experiences and translating them into visual and insightful solutions. But you are also an ace at communicating your passion to colleagues and clients through inspired storytelling, experience demonstrations, and user testing. You are not easily defeated and are adept at challenging the status quo and conveying to clients why good experience design is essential to meeting business objectives and an effective part of their overall strategy. Part visionary, part strategist, you are keen to spend your days thinking about ways to improve modern travel and passionate about conveying how emerging technologies are relevant to people’s lives. Yes, we know we have high expectations—after all, visionary designers with sensational communication skills, top-notch technical skills, and a passion for aviation aren’t exactly a dime a dozen. But if you think you have what it takes, we would love to talk to you.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications)
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent level of experience) in an applied creative design field such as industrial design, service design, exhibit/museum design, architecture, communication design, entertainment design, or similar, with a Master’s degree or higher preferred; 5+ years of experience in design and interactive design through physical and digital media preferred; additional experience or education in computer sciences, cognitive sciences and/or fine arts preferred
- Skills: Strong understanding/experience in applying best practices in user-centered design principles, practices, research, and prototyping; creative leadership experience directly managing others on a project level; 3-D computer modeling software skills: Rhino, Solidworks, Alias, or other equivalent; Adobe Css3 mastery: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Audition, or other equivalent; experience in videography, photography, sound design, or other equivalent
- Passion: creating a bold new vision for modern aviation
- Role: designing experiences and interactions between crew, passengers, and the aircraft and successfully conveying how they align with clients’ business needs and strategic objectives
- Personality: passionate, visionary, strategic, creative, storyteller
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.