Senior Designer - Exterior Livery.
The Senior Designer - Exterior Livery is responsible for understanding the client brand and their global customers’ brand and then bringing it to life on the exterior aircraft as a compelling design solution. The person in this role harnesses their industry experience and technical skills to create digital imagery that is an integral component of the design deliverables for the client. This person must have a strong understanding of design quality and design skills embracing all facets of a holistic design process, including all project phases from research, concept creation, and design development to implementation and liaison with development partners and vendors. The position demands in-depth knowledge of brand identity and production processes.
Why We Need This Position
In order to maintain our position at the forefront of the industry, we need brilliant problem solvers with the vision, artistry, technical know-how and people skills to deliver and present spectacular design solutions to our clients. Finding the right person—with not only the concrete skills but the passion and innovative spirit to motivate and guide teams and dazzle clients—is essential to our success. That’s where you come in.
Who We’re Looking For
First and foremost, you’re a creative type with a strong design aesthetic and solid technical chops who loves the aviation industry. You love the prospect of deploying your problem-solving skills to find elegant solutions that satisfy client expectations. On any given day, this might mean creating digital imagery in the context of conceptual projects, production solutions and validation; interpreting detailed 3D models and data; or reviewing large data files utilizing cross-platform CAD systems. Second, you have top-notch project management skills. You love collaborating with others to overcome challenges and enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple projects. You have the organizational and communication skills to manage the schedule, budget, and scope on multiple projects; keep your team on track; and follow document retention procedures. Third, you have the confidence and diplomacy to work directly with clients and communicate ways to improve deliverables, anticipate needs, and offer innovative solutions. Finally, as a leader, you’re ready to mentor, guide and motivate others in your group with the goal of enhancing design excellence; you’re excited to bring new ideas, concerns and techniques to the group and capable of confidently communicating your recommendations to all the stakeholders. In short, if you’re passionate about design, love planes, and can think of nothing better than working closely with other innovators to shape the future of aviation, we want to hear from you.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree in design-related field required; 5+ years Graphic Design experience and/or Production Graphic Design experience. Additional experience in aviation is a bonus.
- Special skills: Advanced level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; proficient with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook; advanced understanding of design process, including divergent (brainstorming) and convergent (concept-selection) and detail-design phases; knowledge of aviation and aircraft exteriors preferred; advanced knowledge of project management framework and process; knowledge of multiple aircraft program requirements preferred
- Passion: Working at the intersection of art and technology to create the planes of the future
- Role: Leading and inspiring creative teams to do excellent work that meets client expectations
- Personality: Innovative, inspiring, collaborative, organized, passionate
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.